During the Birmingham City Council Meeting on May 13, 2014 Council:
Approved a Resolution setting a public hearing on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 4:00 o’clock p.m. in the Council Chambers on the Mayor’s proposed budgets. For more information please contact the Office of Councilor Valerie Abbott at 205.254.2355.
Other items approved by the Council at today’s meeting include the following:
1. Approved an Ordinance “TO FURTHER AMEND THE CAPITAL FUND BUDGET” for the fiscal year June 30, 2014, by transferring $17,088.07 FROM Hope 6 Infrastructure, $152,148.20 from Storm Damaged Property Purchases, $102,375.67 from Arlington West End Place, $96,375.65 from Acipco Finley Phase I, appropriating $367,987.59 to Strategic Land Banking. For more information please contact the Office of the Mayor at 205.254.2771.
2. Approved an Ordinance “TO FURTHER AMEND THE CAPITAL FUND BUDGET” for the fiscal year June 30, 2014, by transferring $325,501.77 from HABD Repayment, $335.50 from Sinkhole Repair, $91.17 from Boutwell Auditorium Renovations, $0.42 from Arlington Wrought Iron Fence, $3,020.17 from Infrastructure Grant, $138.76 from Railroad Reservation Park, $1.61 from Vulcan Trail Stabilizer, $60,920.35 from Expenses that are not Capital Projects, $42,407.645 from Hope VI Infrastructure, $2,847.00 from North Birmingham Piggly Wiggly Renovations, $3,130.30 from Vulcan Trail Stabilizer, $63,974.99 from Avondale Park, and appropriating $2,389.69 to Expenses that are not Capital Projects and $500,000.00 to Pedestrian Bridge Property Purchase. For more information please contact the Office of the Mayor at 205.254.2771.
3. Approved a Resolution determining that the 2014 Birmingham City School’s Valedictorian and Salutatorian Dinner to be held May 13, 2014 at the Tutwiler Hotel serves a public purpose, and requesting that City funds be used to pay for this event. For more information please contact the Office of the Mayor at 205.254.2771.
4. Approved a Resolution determining that the Norwood Community Involvement Meeting to be held May 22, 2014 at the Norwood Community Center serves a public purpose, and requesting that City funds be administered to pay for this event in accordance with Section 3-1-7 of the General Code of the City of Birmingham. For more information please contact the Office of Councilor William Parker at 205.254.2464.
1. The Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting will be held Tuesday May 13, 2014 4:00 p.m. – 5th Floor Engineering Conference Room.
2. The Public Improvement and Beautification Committee Meeting will be held Wednesday May 14, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in Conference Rooms D&E.
3. The Council Connecting Community Citizens Budget Hearing will be held Thursday May 15, 2014 6:00-7:30 p.m. at the Regions Park Baseball Field.
4. The Public Safety Committee Meeting will be held on Monday May 19, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
5. Councilor Steven W. Hoyt will host the District 8 Town Hall Meeting on Thursday May 29, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birmingham Crossplex.
Are you unable to attend the Birmingham City Council meetings? Watch Council Meetings on demand. From anywhere in the world you can log on to www.birminghamalcitycouncil.org and click on the tab Watch Council Meetings; or from the comfort of your home, tune to Bright House Cable Channel 340. The Birmingham City Council meetings are free and on demand.