Times Staff Report
Publix Super Markets opened its downtown Birmingham store on Wednesday, Feb. 8 with a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by city officials including Birmingham Mayor William Bell and members of the City Council.
The Publix at 20 MIDTOWN is a 28,000 square-foot store located on the street level of the 20 Midtown building complex. The complex features covered parking and apartment residences overhead.
Even though the store is smaller than the other Birmingham area Publix locations it has the traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with:
- a full-service deli highlighting Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, as well as made-to-order sub sandwiches, salads and award-winning fried or rotisserie chicken.
- a full-service meat department where customers can have their orders custom cut and trimmed
- a seafood counter where customers will have a variety of fresh fish and seafood options
- bakery offerings, including an array of mouth-watering cakes, cookies and pies as well as an assortment of decadent desserts and fresh baked breads
- a produce department offering both organic and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables