Special to The Times
Publix Super Markets announced the opening of the downtown Birmingham store, Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 7 a.m. The store is located on the street level of the 20 Midtown building complex. The complex features covered parking and apartment residences overhead.
“Publix is delighted to bring our unique shopping experience to midtown Birmingham,” said Brenda Reid, Media
and Community Relations Manager for Publix. “We have received many inquiries about when the store will open. We
are glad to say that day is just around the corner.”
The Publix at 20 MIDTOWN will be a 28,000 square-foot store, with an estimated 120 associates working there. Even though this store will be smaller than the other Birmingham area Publix locations it will have the traditional grocery, dairy and frozen food departments along with the following offerings:
• Parking will be available to customers in a covered parking deck with elevators that lead directly into the store.
• A full-service deli highlighting Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, as well as made-to-order sub sandwiches, salads
and award-winning fried or rotisserie chicken.
• A full-service meat department where customers can have their orders custom cut and trimmed
• A seafood counter where customers will have a variety of fresh fish and seafood options
• Our always-popular bakery offerings, including an array of mouth-watering cakes, cookies and pies as well as
an assortment of decadent desserts and fresh baked breads
• Publix Online Easy Ordering (OEO) is available for select items in our deli and bakery. Customers can log onto
Publix.com or download the Publix App to order items like custom subs, platters, cakes and deli meats and cheeses.
• A produce department offering both organic and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables
Publix is privately owned and operated by its 189,500 employees, with 2015 sales of $32.4 billion. Currently Publix has 1,136 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina. The company has been named one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For in America” for 19 consecutive years. In addition, Publix’s dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized among the top in the grocery business. For more information, visit the company’s website, corporate.publix.com