During the Birmingham City Council Meeting on April 22, 2014 Council:
Approved a revocation of the business license(s) issued to Tramon Cook, d.b.a. Stop Entertainment, 2822 Avenue I, Birmingham, AL 35218. In conjunction with the revocation of the business license(s) issued to Castro’s Promotion, Inc. d.b.a. Continental Ballroom and/or Club Continental, 89 Robert Jemison Rd. For more information please contact the Office of Councilor Steven Hoyt at 205.254.2304.
Other items approved by the Council at today’s meeting include the following:
1. Approved a resolution amending Resolution No. 734-14, adopted by the Council April 15, 2014 which changed the date of the public show cause hearing to consider revoking the business license(s) issued to Jerome Cunningham, d.b.a. Foxx Trap, 400 2nd Avenue N, Birmingham, AL 35204, and to consider rescinding Resolution 355-04 for a Class I On-Premise Lounge Liquor License, approved on November 23, 2004; and Resolution No. 3555-04, for a Division I Dance Permit approved on November 23, 2004; and Resolution No. 863-10, for a Division II Dance Permit, approved on June 22, 2010 from April 22, 2014 to May 6, 2014, to correct a clerical error in the notice. For more information please contact the Office of Councilor Steven Hoyt at 205.254.2304.
2. Delayed a Resolution authorizing the incorporation of the Birmingham Land Bank Authority under Chapter 9 of Title 24 of the Code of Alabama (1975). For more information please contact the Office of Councilor Sheila Tyson at 205.254.2359.
3. Approved a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a Facility Use and Event Sponsorship Agreement with Alabama Environmental Council, under which the City will provide funding to AEC in an amount not to exceed $6,000.00, facilities and in kind services in support of the Household Hazardous Waste public drop-off and collection event, scheduled for April 26, 2014 in McLendon Park. For more information please contact the Office of the Mayor at 205-254.2771.
4. Approved a resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham under which the City will provide up to $582,600.00 in CDBG Disaster Recovery funds for the planning, management, and implementation of programs and projects in response to the April 27, 2011 storms. For more information please contact the Office of Community Development 205.254.2483.
5. A Resolution determining that a series of budget hearings, entitled “Council Connecting Community Citizens” to hear from the citizens firsthand their concerns and needs/desires at various venues within the
north, south, east and west quadrants in the City throughout the month of May with proper notice being adequately published, serves a public purpose that promotes goodwill and requesting that City of Birmingham funds be administered to pay for this event in accordance with Section 3-1-7 of the General Code of the City of Birmingham. For more information please contact the Office of Council President Johnathan Austin at 205.254.2679.
6. Approved a Resolution approving the appointment of Xtreme Fitness, LLC, Birmingham, in an amount not to exceed $9,950.00, to promote healthy lifestyles through fitness in conjunction with the City’s Let’s Move Initiative and authorizing the Mayor to execute the appointment letter on behalf of the City. For more information please contact the Office of the Mayor at 205.254.2771.
1. The Committee of the Whole Meeting will be held on Wednesday April 23rd at 4:00 p.m. in Conference Rooms D&E.
2. The Administration/ Education Committee Meeting on April 25, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. is CANCELLED.
3. Councilor Marcus Lundy Jr. will host an Emergency Preparedness Workshop on Saturday April 26th from 8:30 a.m to 10:00 a.m. at the Pratt City Library.
4. The Budget and Finance Committee Meeting will be held Monday April 28, 2014 in Conference Rooms D&E.
5. Immediately following Council Meeting on April 29, 2014 there will be a Work Session to discuss the City Code in Conference Rooms “D&E”
6. Councilor Steven Hoyt will host a District 8 Town Hall Meeting on April 29, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birmingham Crossplex, 2331 Bessemer Road, Birmingham, AL 35208. For more information please contact the Office of Councilor Steven Hoyt 205.254.2304.
Are you unable to attend the Birmingham City Council meetings? Watch Council Meetings on demand. From anywhere in the world you can log on to www.birminghamalcitycouncil.org and click on the tab Watch Council Meetings; or from the comfort of your home, tune to Bright House Cable Channel 340. The Birmingham City Council meetings are free and on demand.