Pelham, Ala. – Oct. 27, 2014– Known for offering wages significantly higher than the industry standard, ALDI, the nation’s low-price grocery leader*, will host a hiring event in Pelham, Alabama, for its future store in Alabaster, on Monday, Nov. 3. Opportunities within ALDI include Store Associate, Shift Manager and Manager Trainee positions.
The hiring event is in advance of the upcoming Alabaster store, slated to open later this year. The new store will expand grocery retail options in the market with the ALDI brand promise of high-quality grocery items at unbeatable prices.
What: ALDI hiring event for its future store in Alabaster
Who: ALDI representatives
Local residents currently seeking employment opportunities
When: Monday, Nov. 3, 2014
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Pelham
232 Cahaba Valley Road
Pelham, AL 35124
Positions: • Store Associates – $10.00 per hour
• Shift Managers – $14.00 per hour ($10.00 per hour base pay plus additional $4.00 per hour when performing manager duties)
• Manager Trainees – $19.50 per hour
Job Requirements: • Must be 18 years or older to apply
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday – Sunday
• Retail experience preferred
• Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
• Drug screening and background check
• Ability to lift 45 pounds
Quick Facts: • ALDI offers employees generous compensation that is considered well above the industry standard
• Staff working at least 20 hours a week receive full health insurance, dental coverage and 401K